Saturday, July 16, 2011

Went for the music of Andrew Lloyd Webber concert at Marina Bay Sands today. It was indescribable. they played 'til I hear you sing' and i squeezed her arm, thinking how wonderful the music was though it was my first time listening to it. the live band/orchestra was a small one but the solos were SO good.

Adrenaline rush, waves of excitement, like the fluttering of wings, my heart about to take flight. How it felt exactly. (my description lacking, of course. And there are feelings you keep within you and will never forget) I must remember how that feels like, it is only during these moments that I feel that connecting with someone is truly possible. It is only during moments where you're experiencing something you truly love that you feel like a whole; complete and fully able to share your happiness with someone else.

And phantom of the opera came on, then the cats medley; curtain close. Round of applause. We left the theatre for intermission and i waved my hands in the air, screamed silently (to myself), unable to contain my excitement.

Act II - Pie Jesu, one of my favourite songs. Backdrop: blurred images of stained glass in a church (which reminded me of the tranquility of the Notre Dame church. Three weeks ago). Organ music and the purity of two female voices. Then came the famous dumdumdumdum from phantom of the opera, the audiences gasped. Who doesn't know Phantom of the Opera? Familiarity helps us appreciate something much more. So the crowd cheered after Christine belted her highest notes and collapsed onto the floor --

-

The night was nothing short of wonderful as well. We had ice cream before walking home. There are people you can speak to even after years of separation. You don't even have to be close or exceptionally close, or think about what the future will bring.

I am tempted to watch lion king. Correction, I WILL watch lion king. Made a mental note to myself that I'll attend concerts and musicals and plays regularly in the future to get in touch with myself.

There are only two things that can fill my heart: people I love and things I love. (honestly I don't think there's anything on earth besides people and things). Time spent moping about loneliness can be better spent playing the piano because it fills you, even if in a different manner.

One last thing I thought about: Always record any changes in the way I think. And the music reminded me of our talk about regretting not finding any person short of perfect. There must be something greater than the connection between the minds/spaces of two people. This something greater is something that will connect us without the need to speak. Something that will make our hearts soar together. And that perfect person must love that greater thing. The sound of an orchestra...

No comments: